Are you a Box Style Parent? (Authoritarian Parenting)
Box Style Parents are often thought of as disciplinarians.
- They use a strict discipline style with little negotiation possible. (Box Sides)
- Punishment is common. (Box closed)
- Communication is mostly one way: from parent to child. Rules usually are not explained.
- Parents with this style are typically less nurturing.
- Expectations are high with limited flexibility.
This is one end of the parenting spectrum.
The question isn’t “Is this good or bad?”
The questions are:
Is this working for you and your family?
Is this the style you feel comfortable using?
Is this bringing your family together?
Want to see the other end of the spectrum….click here
Want to see our suggestion for change….click here
I am ready now to change…simply fill out the form below to start your change: